SIP Meeting 22.10.2018. at 5 PM CEST

Dear Contributors,

Next SIP Meeting is on the 22nd October 2018, 5 PM CEST.

Join us live and comment, ask, get your opinion heard at Scala Center YouTube Channel.

Agenda:

1. Finalizing discussion about the First Batch
  2. Summaries of the Community comments about the Second Batch
2 Likes

Where can I find the discussion about XML literals?

It would be very comfortable if there was ability to navigate to the interesting question quickly.
Would it be possible to announce discussing question in youtube chat when it starts to be discussed? It would allow to search them quickly.

1 Like

Hi, there are several places, take a look at:
Discussion here in the Contributors:

Summary of the discussion by @sjrd in August minutes:
https://docs.scala-lang.org/sips/minutes/2018-08-30-sip-minutes.html

Hope this helps,
Darja

Hi there, thanks for your interest and suggestion - I am always looking for the ways to better the communication.
Not sure it would work with the live comments because they appear as the discussion is going, but I might miss-understood your proposal or not knowing YouTube enough.
In the minutes I take I put the time frame the discussion took place + the start link, does that help?
Looking forward to hearing back form you.
Darja

Not sure it would work with the live comments because they appear as the discussion is going

It is very easy to navigate to the end and read it.

In the minutes I take I put the time frame the discussion took place + the start link, does that help?

I can not find the time frame.

I think the message in the chat is very easy to do and to use.
It is simplest and fastest way.

Oh, what a surprise to see my face all over your answer (((:

Ok, so yes, one would need to go forward and then scroll, cool.
I would, in this case, just put it in the description, makes more sense to me, once it’s done I add the times and links next to the agenda items, WDYT?

Other than that, the timings are beneath the titles. I agree it’d be cool having it in the table too.

And in conclusion, I really appreciate your input and dedication, will make those changes.
Cheers,
Darja

Excuse me, I have removed it.

No harm done, was really a surprise (:
But thanks hahah

I meant the final decision of XML literals. If I remembered correctly, the decision is supposed to be made in the October meeting.

Eventually they did not vote on these SIPs. Supposed to be done at the committee retreat.

1 Like

Thank you!

The SIP Committee is still figuring out how to approach the upcoming changes, so no final decision have been made yet. They are currently having in-depth face-to-face conversations and I will soon post what they came up with. Again, no final decisions have been made about the features themselves, this meeting is more about organisation, how to move forward with the time constraints and such.

1 Like