I hope 2018 is treating you well!
It is a pleasure to announce the third SPP meeting that will take place live on YouTube on Monday, 5th February, at 5 PM CEST
The agenda proposed:
- Continuation of the discussion of the cross-platform proposal “Make Scala Platform API independent of Java namespaces”
Talk with Sébastien Doeraene and Denys Shabalin about cross-platform support.
Should cross-platform modules be required for the Scala Platform?
If they are required, who is going to do all the work to make them work? Testing?
- Discussion of “What do we do with scala.sys.process”
Java process is less than ideal.
scala.sys.processcan be improved. What do we do?
Is there a need for a process API module in the Scala Platform?
Considering alternatives: NuProcess
- Status update of Scala JSON AST and technical discussion about external dependencies
- Matthew will introduce what’s missing from an official release
- Discussion about external dependencies: when are Platform modules allowed to depend on external modules? Tooling solutions to the problems?