Scala Symposium 2018
17 July 2019, co-located with ECOOP 2019 in London, UK.
Call for Papers – DEADLINE EXTENDED
The Scala Symposium is the leading forum for researchers and practitioners related to the Scala programming language. We welcome a broad spectrum of research topics and support many submission formats for industry and academia alike.
This year’s Scala Symposium is co-located with ECOOP 2019 in London, UK.
- Paper submission: April 16, 2019 EXTENDED
- Paper notification: May 24, 2019
- Student talk submission: May 31, 2019
- Camera ready: June 7, 2019
- Student talk notification: June 14, 2019
- Scala Symposium 2019: July 17, 2019
All deadlines are “Anywhere on Earth” (AoE).
To accommodate the needs of researchers and practitioners, as well as beginners and experts alike, we seek several kinds of submissions.
- Full papers (at most 10 pages, excluding bibliography)
- Short papers (at most 4 pages, excluding bibliography)
- Tool papers (at most 4 pages, excluding bibliography)
- Student talks (short abstract only, in plain text)
- Open-source talks (short abstract only, in plain text)
Accepted papers (either full papers, short ones or tool papers, but not student talks) will be published in the ACM Digital Library.
- Aggelos Biboudis - EPFL, Switzerland
- Edwin Brady - University of St. Andrews, UK
- Franck Cassez - Macquarie University, Australia
- Wolfgang De Meuter - Vrije Universiteit Brussel, Belgium
- Sebastien Doeraene - EPFL, Switzerland
- Edward Kmett - Machine Intelligence Research Institute, USA
- Doug Lea - SUNY Oswego, USA
- Ana Milanova - Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute, USA
- Ulf Norell - University of Gothenburg, Sweden
- Nate Nystrom - Università della Svizzera italiana, Switzerland (chair)
- Miles Sabin - Underscore.io, UK
- Guido Salvaneschi - Technische Universität Darmstadt, Germany
- Marco Servetto - Victoria University of Wellington, New Zealand
- Daniel Spiewak - SlamData, USA
- Mirko Viroli - University of Bologna, Italy
- (General Chair) Sukyoung Ryu (KAIST, South Korea)
- (PC Chair) Nathaniel Nystrom (USI, Switzerland)
- (Sponsorship Chair) Jonathan Immanuel Brachthäuser (University of Tübingen, Germany)
- Symposium homepage: https://2019.ecoop.org/home/scala-2019
- Submissions: https://scala19.hotcrp.com
- ECOOP 2019: https://2019.ecoop.org/
For questions and additional clarifications, please contact the conference organizers.