Let's talk about Scala 3 video series launch today at 3.30 UTC

(edit: the video is available unrelated to the launch at all times, link)

Dear Contributors,

We are happy to announce that starting today and thereafter every 2 weeks, the Scala Center team, in collaboration with 47 degrees and various community members, will publish videos aiming to explore Scala 3.

Videos are beginner-friendly, concise, short (~15min), and tutorial-like. At the moment, we didn’t set a special coherent program but gave the liberty to our members to create videos they believe can contribute to this wide goal. Going forward, we would like you to give us ideas and proposals as to what we should make next.

Each pre-recorded video will be launched at a certain time and you can join on that occasion to ask the author questions live. After that, they will be available & sharable on the 47 degrees YouTube channel.

We invite you to join us today, March 4th at 3.30 PM UTC / 4.30 PM CET / 10.30 AM EST / 7.30 AM PST here and check out how to set up your development environment with Coursier, by Eric Loots (@eloots) from Lunatech Belgium.

Since we are filming & releasing on a monthly basis, we can’t share the definitive list of videos that would go out at the moment to avoid promising something that might change during the production. Therefore we ask for your patience and understanding, as we tackle these uncharted waters :slightly_smiling_face:

Follow @scala_lang for all new updates, and use this thread to give us your feedback and ideas.

Cheers,
The Scala Center Team

11 Likes

I’ve edited the post so it is more clear about the date & time, thanks for the comment!

Hey everybody, I am excited to announce the next video in the series premieres today, in which I will present how to design better data structures, using Scala 3.

Pick Any Card guides the viewer through designing a guessing game using cards, and we will see how to improve the data structures so we can avoid mistakes. No prior knowledge of Scala is needed.

I’ve had so much fun writing the script and presenting the video, this was the first time I have presented in this way and it was a great learning experience.

The video premiers today on YouTube at 16:30 CET / 11:30 EST, and I will be present in the live chat to answer any questions, and here, you can also let me know what you’d like to see next.

I hope to see you there!

7 Likes