java.lang.AssertionError: position not set (3.2.2)

Today i hit the following compiler problem (Scala 3.2.2)

[info] compiling 1 Scala source to ../leucine/jvm/target/scala-3.2.2/test-classes ...
java.lang.AssertionError: assertion failed: position not set for {
  <empty>
} # -1 of class dotty.tools.dotc.ast.Trees$Block in tasty-reflect while typechecking ../leucine/shared/src/test/scala/s2a/leucine/actors/mixins/family.scala
[info] exception occurred while typechecking ../leucine/shared/src/test/scala/s2a/leucine/actors/mixins/family.scala
[info] exception occurred while compiling ../leucine/shared/src/test/scala/s2a/leucine/actors/mixins/family.scala
java.lang.AssertionError: assertion failed: position not set for {
  <empty>
} # -1 of class dotty.tools.dotc.ast.Trees$Block in tasty-reflect while compiling ../leucine/shared/src/test/scala/s2a/leucine/actors/mixins/family.scala
[error] ## Exception when compiling 12 sources to ../leucine/jvm/target/scala-3.2.2/test-classes
[error] java.lang.AssertionError: assertion failed: position not set for {
[error]   <empty>
[error] } # -1 of class dotty.tools.dotc.ast.Trees$Block in tasty-reflect
[error] scala.runtime.Scala3RunTime$.assertFailed(Scala3RunTime.scala:8)
[error] dotty.tools.dotc.typer.Typer$.assertPositioned(Typer.scala:71)
[error] dotty.tools.dotc.typer.Typer.typed(Typer.scala:3020)
[error] dotty.tools.dotc.typer.Typer.typed(Typer.scala:3029)

Now, before i post this as bug, i would like to know if this seems familiar. I could not find something like it, but you never know. Isolating this is kind of time consuming, so it should be worth it. Thanks for any input.

This might be related to this:

I believe there are no cases right now of the invariant mentioned in the issue being broken, so your example would be a worthwhile addition

1 Like

Thank you for taking the time to research this and answer me. I will try to isolate it and take further action.