Collections reviewers wanted

Eh, why not give it a try :smile:
iusildra

me too please!
ansvonwa

This shout-out looks like a great success! :heart:

Maybe it would be a good idea to create more of such topic-targeted GitHub “teams”?

I’d be up for this. Username javaxswing :slight_smile:

Would like to help
Github username yzia2000

I’ve sent invites out to everyone who’s responded. Thanks all!

Maybe it would be a good idea to create more of such topic-targeted GitHub “teams”?

Perhaps the Scala 3 folks will adopt the idea. Anyone is of course free to watch GitHub - lampepfl/dotty: The Scala 3 compiler, also known as Dotty. and offer input, but the level of activity is pretty overwhelming.

Personally I remain focused on Scala 2 primarily, and Scala 2 is pretty mature at this point so the level of activity in the repos is modest and I’m not sure we need more teams. I would encourage anyone interested in Scala 2 to “watch” these repos on GitHub:

It’s super helpful to have volunteers responding to bug reports, even if it’s just to do things like identify tickets as valid or invalid, ask clarification questions, offer workarounds, check whether issues are also reproducible in Scala 3, and so forth. Pull request review is welcome as well.

3 Likes

Someone asked what level of experience is required. I responded as follows:

If you like, I could just add you, and as the notifications come in, you can see for yourself whether you’re able to help. (And if you find you aren’t, you can ask to be removed again.) You can ask questions on tickets if it’s about the ticket itself. If you feel you’re missing some background to understand something and it would be too noisy for the ticket itself, you can ask on chat or the forums.

The main relevant documentation pages are at the top of Guides and Overviews | Scala Documentation — mainly “Scala Collections” (user-level stuff most Scala programmers know, to some extent) and “The Architecture of Scala Collections” (internals that you’re less likely to have been exposed to).

2 Likes

I would like to help, my github handle is he-pin

1 Like