Announcing Scala.js 1.0.0-RC1

Hello everyone!

We are thrilled to announce the release of Scala.js 1.0.0-RC1!

This release candidate is intended for testing purposes by as many users as possible, and as a synchronization point with library authors so that they can start upgrading in preparation for the final release. If no critical issue is found until the end of January 2020, this RC will become the final release.

We encourage all users who are able to do so to test their projects with this RC, and report any issue as soon as possible.

As the change in “major” version number witnesses, this release is not binary compatible with 0.6.x, nor with the previous milestones of the 1.x series. Libraries need to be recompiled and republished using this RC to be compatible. Moreover, this release is not entirely source compatible with 0.6.x either.

Read all the details in the announcement on the Web:

Enjoy!
The Scala.js team

15 Likes

This is an incredibly small test but I can confirm that the first 4 steps in the tutorial are working on Windows, both natively (via cmd) and in WSL (version 1, Ubuntu distro).

Is there something in particular you would like me to test on Windows?

Nothing special, no. I develop on Windows at home, so Windows should already be tested just as well as Linux.

Great work @sjrd! Looking forward to the Final release. :+1: