Hi everyone. We’ve released Dotty 0.15.0-RC1! The most exciting thing in this release is the full bootstrap for Dotty🎉. This means that now we compile Dotty with Dotty itself, thus we are able to use all of the new Dotty features in the compiler codebase.
Other notable changes include an annotation to regulate whether an alphanumeric method is meant to be used in an infix position, type-safe pattern bindings and more. You can read more about this release in the blog post: http://dotty.epfl.ch/blog/2019/05/23/15th-dotty-milestone-release.html.
Language & Syntax
- Type-Safe Pattern Matching (doc)
givenclauses come last #6513
@infixannotation #5975 (doc)
Type System Improvements
- Fix #6199: Use a skolemized prefix in asSeenFrom when needed #6454
- Fix #6385: Don’t instantiate hk type constructors too early #6467
- Skolem based gadt constraints #5736
- Fix #6288: Allow Singletons in Unions #6299
Scala 2 and Cats code support
- Fix #6484: Properly unpickle some Scala 2 type lambdas #6494
- Fix #6242: package objects leak members from Any and Object #6498
- Full bootstrap: Use Dotty as the reference compiler #5923
Thank you to all the contributors who made this release possible
git shortlog -sn --no-merges 0.14.0-RC1..0.15.0-RC1 these are:
191 Martin Odersky 112 Nicolas Stucki 29 Guillaume Martres 25 Olivier Blanvillain 21 Aleksander Boruch-Gruszecki 17 Anatolii Kmetiuk 10 Miles Sabin 9 Liu Fengyun 8 Aggelos Biboudis 8 Jentsch 5 Sébastien Doeraene 2 Anatolii 1 Fengyun Liu 1 Olivier ROLAND 1 phderome
If you encounter a bug, please open an issue!