Should the Scala Platform modules use the Scala namespace or a common namespace?

Maybe just scalap for platform?

1 Like

I still see 0 technical benefit to having a platform package, and several technical liabilities. The few arguments in favor of the proposal are social, and there are equally problematic social arguments compensating them (library in 2 platforms, or what happens when a library is removed from a platform).

I donā€™t understand why this proposal is still considered to be on track and virtually accepted.

2 Likes

Agreed ā€“ it seems like an overall bad idea, and Iā€™m a bit mystified as to why everyone seems to be steaming ahead full speed towards itā€¦

1 Like

Agree with @sjrd and @jducoeur and @SethTisue and others who suggest that this is not a good idea. Letā€™s shut it down please, I think itā€™s settled.

1 Like

This is part of my plan to conquer the world :slight_smile:

Yes, I agree, I think youā€™re all right on this one. The technical disabilities were planned to be fixed with a package alias language feature and automatic rewrites. But itā€™s too soon to talk about them, and itā€™s better to avoid this problem upfront by not having a common namespace for the Scala Platform.

Thank you all for your insights, itā€™s been interesting to get familiar with your good points.

1 Like