Today, we are excited to release Dotty 0.9.0-RC1!
- Support for implicit conversions on singleton types #4738
- The REPL now uses JLine3 under the hood which means support for Windows, better completions and multi-line editing #4680
- Documentation support in the IDE #4461, #4648
- Drop requirement that implicit functions must be non-empty #4549
- Improved auto-completion in the REPL #4398
- An experimental stream library built using quotes and splices #4317
- A step toward tree inspection in macros #4279
applyOrElsefor partial function literals #4245
- Emit feature warnings for implicit conversions #4229
- Support for compiler plugins #3438
As well as many bug fixes and stability work
Thank you to all the contributors who made this release possible
git shortlog -sn --no-merges 0.8.0..0.9.0-RC1 these are:
200 Nicolas Stucki 155 Martin Odersky 71 Allan Renucci 42 Paolo G. Giarrusso 27 Aggelos Biboudis 25 Guillaume Martres 22 Martin Duhem 10 Sebastian Nadorp 10 Wojtek Swiderski 6 Olivier Blanvillain 5 benkobalog 4 Ingar Abrahamsen 3 Ankit Soni 2 Liu Fengyun 2 Olivier ROLAND 2 Fabian Page 1 Roberto Bonvallet 1 Fengyun Liu 1 Zoltán Elek 1 benkbalog 1 Glavo 1 dieutth 1 fschueler 1 mentegy
If you encounter a bug, please open an issue!