Active moderation of SIP threads

it is very important part of a proposal.
How is it possible to guarantee that changes will be visible to others?
There is checkbox “small changes” in wiki. If the flag is not set there will be a notification with a description.

Is it possible to configure this behavior?

IMHO It is not very good not to be sure that the changes will be visible.

The whole point of the summary thread (as opposed to the open-discussion thread) is to be read once by the committee members after the thread has closed. The idea isn’t to conduct discussion and have further back-and-forth, with edit notifications flying back and forth, as you’re suggesting. The discussion already took place on the discussion thread.

1 Like

We broadly use wiki in our company to organize summary of discussions, it can change
sometimes and notifications allow it to be visible. It does not lead to “back-and-forth” usually and if it happens it does not bloat summaries.

I simply have noticed that ability to edit posts in such themes has very limited value.

Having had some more time to think on this:

Perhaps it’s best if we simply continue as we were before, but with more active attention to moderating the threads. If some thread in particular becomes so long and unwieldy that it’s unreasonable to expect committee members to read it all, then on a case-by-case basis we could adopt my suggestion, by closing the original thread and inviting participants to summarize their thoughts on a followup thread, hopefully yielding something digestible by the committee.

1 Like

:+1: - I really like the idea of being invited to give a summary! Seems like the best of both worlds, with the only downside that if the conversation is mid-stream, the summary cannot address all possible objections and alternate points of view. But that seems like a modest downside compared to the other problems (unwieldy, no follow-up at all, etc.)