Pre-sip scaladoc: search by type signature

TL;DR 1.0.0-M1 of Inkuire is in new scaladoc. You can test it here

Hi, I haven’t posted any updates for a while.
I’m glad to say that version 1.0.0-M1 of Inkuire is available in new scaladoc.
The engine itself hasn’t changed that much, but it should be easier to use now. And now that most technical issues are resolved, it will be way easier to develop new features (aka removing hacks) :slight_smile:

A bit about how it can be used: Searching functions with Inkuire is done by inputting the signature string in scaladoc searchbar (shortcut /). Any string that looks like a signature (contains =>) will be searched using Inkuire, otherwise the query will be searched with normal scaladoc search engine.

I made some changes to the parser since the last post. Most notably I saw that a lot of queries were in the form of List[A] => (A => B) => List[B] and since the engine required for every type variable to be explicitly decalared it silenctly failed on resolving types :confused: So now any type that is in the form of a single letter or a single letter with a digit are automatically resolved as type variables. (Seems like a good enough heuristic for now)

Since no one actually reads long descriptions, here are some examples of searches with intended functions:

• Seq[Int] => (Int => Long) => Seq[Long]IterableOps.map
  • (A, B) => AProduct2._1
  • Set[Long] => Long => BooleanSetOps.contains
  • BigDecimal => ByteScalaNumericAnyConversions.toByte
  • Int => Long => IntFunction.const
  • String => Int => CharStringOps.apply

Gif for attention:

15 Likes